Sunday, January 18, 2009

My little sick one!!

Last Tuesday night Hailey started coughing it was just a little cough so I didn't think much about it. Well later that night while she was sleeping she started coughing so bad that she started struggling breath... She had been coughing so bad she coughed up milk it sounded like she was drowning!! She usually sleeps through the night and I think that night we both slept about 2 hours between her coughing and me watching her breath!! Well Wednesday her cough got worse and she again struggled to breath so I decided to take her to her Dr. They decided to test her for RSV and sure enough she HAS IT!!!! DANG!! The doctor ordered her a BBG machine thats sucks the gunck out of her nose and it helps a little bit!! Wednesday night wasnt to bad but things only went down hill from there!! Thursday she started losing her voice when she cried you couldnt hear her, had a temperature of 101.9 and coughed like crazy so bad that we had to flip her forward and she ends up throwing up!! We ended up going to Mckay Dee to the RSV clinic that they have there and they stuck tubes down her nose to suck out her lungs and that helped for a few hours!! Friday even worse.....Hailey's voice COMPLETELY GONE!!! When she cries nothing comes out and her coughing increased I CRIED I don't know how many times! Its so hard to watch my 3 MONTH old struggle and suffer through this illness that she has!!! About midnight last night me and Hailey took yet another trip to the RSV clinic.. she was breathing really fast and her oxygen level was really low the doctor was worried that if after he suctioned her lungs if her oxygen level didnt increase they were admitting her into the hospital!! Well the suctioning worked and home we went! Today has been an OK day she is still WAY SICK but getting better day by day... HOPEFULLY!!! It has been a rough couple of days.. But we've got complete FAITH that things will be ok with her and she'll over come this DANG RSV!!!








5 comments:

Alicia and Jake said...

goodluck RSV is scary!!! both of our boys had it last year and they both had to be on a breathing machine it was horrible!!! goodluck will keep her in our prayers!!!

Missy said...

Oh my that is so scary, Brax had croup last week and we had to do a brething Treatments. Its so sad to see them that sick and there is not much you can do for them. I hope she gets better soon, if you need anything like us to bring you dinner or just a treat let me know and I'll run something over to you. Will keep you in our prayers hope she gets better soon.

Pyper said...

Poor thing!1 I;m so sorry that your having to go through all of this crap!. I'm glad that she is doing a little bit better at least. I hope that she gets over it soon ;)

mrs. jar said...

So sorry that your little lady bug has been so sick! RSV is such a hard things for those little ones to go through and for mom and dad too! I hope she is doing better by now and that you are all back to feeling better soon!

P.S. Too bad we all couldn't look so sweet and precious while we are sick as dogs! She is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

chelsie i tried to get back to you and it said profile was not valid?? good to hear from you! your kids are little cuties!! Im going to ad you to our blog so we can kep in touch, if thats ok with you? Shawna